Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 8 °F (20 °C)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Prophylls is about 1.
- 5 mm long, appressed, at middle of pedicel or the base of flower.
- Sepals are obovate, outer 6-7 mm long, inner 9-10 mm long, Petals are 8-9 mm long, broadly elliptic, notched and somewhat pointed at the tip.
- Detailed information and tips on growing organic turmeric root in containers at home garden including fertilization and pests and diseases are described below.
- Although it is a tropical plant that thrives on heat and moisture, it can be grown in temperate areas in summer.
- I am growing turmeric in Sydney, Australia in pots, the plants look great with its stripy long leaves year round, except in winter when the leaves become yellow.
Growing turmeric organically in pots at home garden is not difficult if you follow the tips and turmeric growing information given below.
- Scentless Turmeric is used by the tribals as a hair tonic and for cure of wounds.
Turmeric or tumeric /ˈtərmərɪk/ or /ˈtjuːmərɪk/ or /ˈtuːmərɪk/ is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae
Common name: Curcuma
Color: pale yellow
Bloom time: May-June.
Height: 4 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Chitra is an evergreen shrub found commonly in the Himalayas. It grows up to 3-4 m tall, almost deciduous. Stem and shoots are round, dark reddish-brown, finely velvety to hairless. Internodes are 2.5-5 cm long, spines 3-fid, 1-2 cm long. Leaves are obovate to elliptic, 2-6 cm long, 1.5-2.5 cm broad, dull to pale green, nearly stalkless, finely net-veined. Leaves usually have 3-9 spines on the margin, but sometimes almost entire.
- Garden Tools
- Seasonal Plant